2tbsp of vegetable oil
2 medium sized onions, chopped
l small turnip, cubed
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp root ginger, finely chopped/ grated
2 tsp tomato puree
1 carton of passata or tinned tomatoes
1 tsp of ground cumin
1 tsp of ground coriander
1 tsp of turmeric
1 tsp of salt
2 green chillies, deseeded ond finely chopped (optional)
4 medium sized potatoes, chopped
4 medium sized carrots, cubed
Quarter of a medium sized cabbage, sliced
1. Heat oil in lorge non-stick pon, odd onions ond turnip and cook for 5-10 mins on a medium heat.
2. Add garlic. ginger, tomato puree and cook for o further 5 mins.
3. Add cumin, coriander, turmeric, salt (and chillies) and cook for 2-3 mins.
4. Add carrots, cook for 10-15 mins, then odd potatoes and cook for a further 10-15 mins.
5. Finally add cabbage and cook for 15-20 mins or until all veg is cooked.
6. Serve with chappatis or rice and yogurt.
Enjoy! N.B. Do not over-stir the curry and if you prefer you con cook on a low heat.