A simple, quick and cheap recipe.
1 Green/White/Pointed Cabbage
1 Tub of Garlic & Herb Philadelphia Cheese or store equivalent
Good handful of grated Cheddar
Pinch or 2 of salt
- Chop your cabbage into slices and add to a pan of salted boiling water. Turn heat down to a simmer and simmer until cabbage is soft……about 5-10 minutes.
- Drain the cabbage thoroughly and pop back in pan.
- Add enough of the Philadelphia cheese and mix so that it coats all the cabbage.
- Transfer cabbage mixture to casserole dish and top with desired amount of grated cheese.
- Pop under a heated grill until cheese melts and bubbles
- Serve with salad and homemade potato wedges.
Great as a main meal but would be great as an accompaniment as well.